Even with today’s technology, there’s no avoiding the loads of paper mail we still receive, whether it be piles of credit card offers or other, more important things such as invitations to parties and handwritten cards from loved ones. So, let’s take a few minutes to sort out our mail. We’ll show you how it’s done.
What You Need:
- A shredder
- A personalized mail tray or small plastic box for each person in the family
- A trash bin
- A large basket for magazines
- Accordion folder for miscellaneous papers A-Z
What You Do:
- Check your mail each day and sort it out immediately. It only takes a few minutes.
- If you have many members in your household, separate mail by recipient and place into personalized organized trays.
- Toss junk mail immediately. This includes flyers, unnecessary advertisements, catalogues you don’t have time to read, etc.
- Place other magazines or catalogues you do want to read in a lovely wicker basket or a simple transparent bin -- but make sure you do it neatly.
- Shred anything that may have your name or information about your identity on it.
- Go paperless for your bills to eliminate unwanted paper clutter. If you DO decide to receive paper bills in the future, pay these bills immediately so you need not worry about having the envelope and statement lying around.
- If you’d like to save your mail, keep it in an accordion folder with several slots for different types of mail. You may alphabetize it if you'd like. Or, you can categorize by type: personal letters/cards in one, insurance bills in another, other correspondence in another, and so on.
Organizing mail should be easy! It shouldn't be a hassle! Just take a few minutes each day to do this and your life will be a bit less stressful.